Summer Showtime on The Coaling Jetty 2021
LIGHTS, CAMERA, ACTION!
Battersea Power Station will once again be the backdrop for silver screen classics and unforgettable theatre performances as Summer Showtime on The Coaling Jetty makes a show stopping return between 17th July – 30th August 2021.
Hosted on the historic Coaling Jetty on the River Thames in front of the Grade II* listed Power Station, London’s most unique open-air cinema and theatre experience will feature film screenings from The Cinema in the Arches, formerly known as Archlight Cinema, and special theatre performances from The Turbine Theatre. Both retailers can usually be found nestled under the railway arches in Circus West Village.
With film screenings and theatre performances selling out fast last year, cinema and theatre fans looking for a new outdoor experience in London will need to book fast to secure their seats.
For the Film-Fanatics
Cinema fans are in luck with the great line-up of much-loved classics and latest blockbusters including The Dark Knight, scenes of which were filmed in the Power Station Itself, Dunkirk, Dirty Dancing, La La Land, Back To The Future, The Grand Budapest Hotel, Mamma Mia, Shaun of The Dead and many more hitting the big screen.
For the Theatre-Lovers
Theatre fans will be treated to a variety of work such as Shakespeare, compilation musical performances, comedy and The Turbine Theatre’s first children's musical; Wind in the Willows, a beautiful and enchanting musical production written by Academy Award winner Julian Fellowes (Downton Abbey) with music by the award-winning Stiles & Drewe (Mary Poppins).
For the Foodies
Enjoy special picnic boxes and takeaways from a great mix of retailers on the jetty:
Vagabond Wines will have a selection of cheese & charcuterie boards, nibbles, wine, champagne and beer.
You can also book at any of our restaurants for a pre or post show meal. Have a look at what's on site here.
We will be running competitions throughout Summer Showtime on The Coaling Jetty to win a range of prizes. Follow @batterseapwrstn to ensure you don’t miss these exciting announcements and to find our competition posts. To win one of three double passes to see a film of your choice, head to our Facebook or Instagram to enter! Full competition T&C's here.
How To Get Here
Find out the best ways to travel to Battersea Power Station, click here.
1. There will be a box office located on the jetty where you will need to show your ticket to check-in and receive your wrist band. The box office will be open one hour before each show.
2. Smoking, bikes and glass are not allowed on the jetty. There is ample bike parking around site before you reach the jetty.
3. Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
4. Please respect social distancing rules and the current government guidelines. A hand sanitisation unit is available for your use upon entry and exit of the jetty.
5. We want to ensure everyone enjoys the shows so please keep noise during the performances and screenings to a minimum or you may be asked to leave.
6. In the event of bad weather the event will still go ahead. Please check the weather forecast in advance and be prepared. Umbrellas will not be permitted during shows and screenings to ensure the viewing pleasure of others. Emergency ponchos will be made available and will be given out in a first come, first served basis.
7. The sale of alcohol will be monitored by our retailers who will operate a challenge 25 policy and will not serve to those intoxicated or below 18.
8. The seating is laid out in groups of two or four and should not be moved. All tickets include a chair to sit on whilst you are with us. Please do not bring additional seats or large tables as you will not be able to erect them onsite.
For any questions about this event, email email@example.com.