The Battersea Power Station Chimney Lift
Opening in 2022, the Battersea Power Station Chimney Lift is set to be a one-of-a-kind experience, taking you to the top of the North West chimney for unrivalled 360-degree views of London’s skyline and a truly unique perspective back down onto the historic landmark.
Set to become one of the most exciting viewing platforms in the capital, with views that include both the Shard and London Eye, the glass Chimney Lift will hold up to 30 visitors and be available to the public as well as for private events.
Before venturing into the Chimney Lift, visitors will also be able to experience a state-of-the-art immersive exhibition in Turbine Hall A, which celebrates the Grade II* listed building’s history and cultural influence.
Experience a small ‘taster’ of what’s to come with an interactive 360° panoramic tour below.
Viewing this page on a mobile? Explore the chimney lift view on your device here and click the spinner icon on the left of the menu bar.
Did you know?
- Original proposals for the chimneys featured a square design rather than circular.
- Battersea Power Station was built in two stages and only started with two chimneys in 1935, before getting the additional two chimneys 20 years later in 1955.
- In 1940, RAF pilots use the plumes of white vapour from the chimneys to guide them home in the mist. The Luftwaffe also used the plumes for navigation, which might explain why the Power Station avoided extensive bombing during World War II.
- In 1977, an inflatable pink pig floating between the two southern chimneys appeared on the front cover of Pink Floyd’s album, Animals. The inflatable pig was tethered to one of the southern chimneys but lost its moorings and rose to the flight path of Heathrow Airport. Police helicopters tracked its course until it finally landed off the coast of Kent.
- The Battersea Power Station Chimney Lift will be run by global events and entertainment leader IMG. Running more than 800 events around the world, IMG produces and operates some of the UK’s most popular events including Hyde Park's Winter Wonderland, the Natural History Museum Ice Rink, Hampton Court Palace Festival, The Big Feastival and Taste of London.
*Please note, the date, time and ticket info below is not accurate and will be updated nearer to opening.