Battersea Project Land Company Limited (BPLC) and its associated companies (We) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
BPLC is a company incorporated at St Paul's Gate, New Street, St Helier, JE4 8ZB, Jersey. Associated data controllers within the group are Battersea Power Station Development Company Limited (BPSDC) and Battersea Power Station Estates Limited (BPSE), which process personal data to enable us to provide property services to our clients, promote and advertise our services, maintain our accounts and records and support and manage our employees.
Types of data we collect and process
- Information collected from website users. You give us your personal information by filling in forms on our website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This information includes the data you provide when you register to use our website, update your account details, access or use the website, make an enquiry or report a problem.
- Information collected from residents. Residents supply us with personal data when reserving a property in the Battersea Power Station Development Estate via a reservation form or using our website.
- Digital information we collect about you. Each time you visit our website we automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including but not limited to the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time); properties you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Physical data collection. In the future it is our intention to use CCTV and other on-site technology to gather data about residents and visitors’ movements while on the Estate to assist in providing residents with a personalised service. When such data gathering and processing commences, residents and users of the website shall be notified by email of the changes made to this Policy, and given the possibility to opt out.
- Information we receive from other sources. We cooperate with third parties (including business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them. For example, we use UK-based storage and customer relationship management software from Salesforce to store contact details and marketing information about our customers.
How we use your information
We use your personal data in the following ways:
- Information you give us. We use this data:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us. For example, we need your contact information to correspond with you regarding any enquiry or reservation for an apartment.
- To provide you with information about other goods and services that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about, in accordance with the Community Charter. For example, we may use your browsing history to suggest on-campus clubs you may be interested in joining.
- To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about upcoming events, promotions, products and services we believe may interest you, in accordance with the Community Charter. For example we may use your browsing and purchase history to inform you of current sales at on-site retailers who provide goods you have previously purchased.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box(es) on the registration form on which we collect your data.
- Information we collect about you. We use this data:
- to administer our website and for internal operations, including but not limited to troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our website about goods or services that may interest you or them, in accordance with the Community Charter.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and/or that we collect about you. The enables us for example to confirm the accuracy of the data you give to us. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above.
How we disclose your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries (as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006).
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you. For example, we may share your name and address with builders and decorators when they install new features in your property.
- On-campus providers of goods and services, for the purpose of permitting them to provide you with information about upcoming events, promotions, products and services we feel may interest you in accordance with the Community Charter. For example, retailers with on-site locations may be given anonymous information about local residents’ purchase histories in order to provide the most advantageous offers and promotions at the most effective time. Please note that this usage of your personal information by third parties will not take place without us further notifying you by email.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If BPLC or its affiliates or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Secure storage of your personal data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us and use secure remote access when outside the EEA.
By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. You are responsible for keeping your password and username confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access or loss of your data.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Your right to access your personal data
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. There will be a £10 charge to access your personal data. This can be done by contacting us.
Changes to this policy